By choosing to convert your unused loft into habitable space you can create stylish and affordable additional living space to your existing home. At KJM Design we have been producing detailed architectural plans for our clients for many years and over this time have built up an unrivalled level of expertise in designing stylish comfortable loft spaces for our clients.
Whether you are looking to convert your loft into a large master bedroom, an ultra modern living area, a luxurious indulgent bathroom or perhaps a light and airy home office affording stunning views from the roof.
Our Loft Conversion Plans Will Help You Make The Most Of Your Loft Space
It may be hard to envisage at the moment but that drafty, cobweb ridden no-go-zone in your roof can become almost anything you wish it to be.
Your loft conversion could become:
- One or more bedrooms, with or without en-suite(s)
- A luxurious bathroom
- A Stylish ultra modern living area
- That home office you always dreamed of
Whatever you have in mind, please call a member of our design team today who will be more than happy to talk through your ideas with you.
Typical Home Improvement Guide
A loft conversion is a great way to make use of the lost space at the top of your house. A dark and dusty loft can be transformed into a stunning bedroom in next to no time and a good design will add comfort and value to your home.
Will I need planning permission for my loft conversion?
Planning permission is not normally required. However, permission is required where you extend or alter the roof space and it exceeds specified limits and conditions. Under new regulations that came into effect from 1 October 2008 a loft conversion for your house is considered to be permitted development, not requiring an application for planning permission, subject to the following limits and conditions:
- A volume allowance of 40 cubic metres additional roof space for terraced houses*
- A volume allowance of 50 cubic metres additional roof space for detached and semi-detached houses*
- No extension beyond the plane of the existing roof slope of the principal elevation that fronts the highway
- No extension to be higher than the highest part of the roof
- Materials to be similar in appearance to the existing house
- No verandas, balconies or raised platforms
- Side-facing windows to be obscure-glazed; any opening to be 1.7m above the floor
- Roof extensions not to be permitted development in designated areas**
- Roof extensions, apart from hip to gable ones, to be set back, as far as practicable, at least 20cm from the eaves.
What is included in our architectural loft conversion plans?
Our loft conversion plans will include all structural details allowing builders to price the project from our plans. Furthermore our architectural plans include a bespoke builders work specification tailored to your project and all written in accordance with current building regulations requirements.
Structural Calculations are provided to justify the structural design allowing you total peace of mind in the integrity of our designs.
How much should I expect to pay an architect or architectural technician to produce plans for my loft conversion?
Prices banded around by companies varies so much that it can seem almost impossible to decide which price offers greatest value for money.
At KJM Design, our prices are fixed at the lower end of the scale because our overheads are low and we believe that if we offer a great service at a great price we will never be short on customers or recommendations from friends and relatives.
Why not click here to request a detailed quote from us for your project? We never sell on your details and your personal information is removed from our system after a period of 6 months. Furthermore no sales people will call to follow up on the quote, we will simply leave you to decide whether or not you wish to join the ever growing list of very satisfied clients that have used the unequivocal services that we provide.
KJM DESIGN PROVIDE ARCHITECTURAL DESIGNS / LOFT CONVERSION PLANS FOR CLIENTS IN LONDON, ESSEX, HERTFORDSHIRE, KENT, SUSSEX, SURREY, MIDDLESEX